Tagged by: evangelikon
10 Animes That Have Impacted My Life.
Rules: Don’t take too long to think about it. Ten animes you’ve seen that will always stick with you, be it sentimental value or for how great it was. List the first ten you can recall in no more than 10 minutes. Tag
10 friends, including me, because I’m actually interested in seeing what anime you guys choose.
- Gurren Lagann - Believe in the me who believes in you. It’s a sentimental anime for me, since it was something I watched around the time of my first relationship in my senior year of high school. Sort of saw it as an analogy to me going beyond myself at that time.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion - The beginning and the end are one in the same. Felt an affinity to this series after re-watching it in full after seeing it mentioned on Tumblr. With a rough understanding of psychology, the series makes much more sense, and is actually a fun dissection of that topic in-depth.
- School Days - Kill the fucker. DIE MAKOTO, DIE, HAHAHAHAHA! Okay, excuse that, but seriously this is the most ridiculous and utterly annoying series to watch the first time around. Jesus Christ, no school of people would be this dense.
- Bakemonogatari - Nii-chan, it’s okay. Loved this series, just came as a great example to look back on that storytelling can be powerful in of itself.
- Code Geass - I destroy the world and created it anew.Long, drawn out, and ruthless, what’s not to aspire to - well, except maybe dying, but we all leave this place eventually.
- RahXephon - I’ve regained what I lost. I found myself, and you as well. Love story. Aspiration. I was always a bit of a hurt, stand-off style child, so any of this material just helped me feel good.
- Serial Experiments Lain - Are you tired? - A reminder that you yourself aren’t digital, even more important now than the time the series popped into existence.
- Kiddy Grade - Humans are greedy, therefore they are human. - I don’t remember how I fell into that series, but it was one of the few I bought back home since I typically watched stuff on TV. Okay series.
- Oreimo - It looks like I’ll no longer be able to sexually harass you like I used to. First series, I think, that forayed into - guess that’s a spoiler - but it was sort of memorable for that. Not my usual show, kind of opened my eyes to more fluffy and non-serious series.
- The Irregular at Magic High School - What did I just do to Brother? - Cute series, another Oreimo-type romance sort of, just a recent series I watched and enjoyed.
Tagging: anigraham evange1ion thewelldressedgouf and whoever else pleases.